Quick Tips for Digital Sales.
The free and open communication of the internet has led not only to reduction in the power of advertising companies, but also to reduction in costs associated with distribution and promotion of a new or existing product. Some common benefits of digital sales are as follows:
- Upload a product on your website and share it through social media.
- Reach out to buyers across the world, from the comfort of your home.
- The emergence of ecommerce sites allows businesses to easily sell products online.
- These platforms which are highly trafficked, not only enable businesses to make their products public but allow them to easily share on the web through link and embed.
An important factor in online communities beginning to form, is the benefit of social media associated with the rising popularity of the internet.
- The new strategies for marketing, promotion and advertising offered by the internet, allow businesses to connect directly with their customers and easily distribute their work to a highly expanded customer base.
- One such interesting approach to advertising is to roll out sales and discounts on products as a means to market your business.
- Social media giants Facebook and Twitter that serve as a useful tool for hopeful businesses to connect with customers, enable users to create the opportunity to develop buzz around a new product by having spread virally on an enormous network.
Some businesses found success in digital sales, following in the footprints of others, but by offering niche based products that may not be found elsewhere, catering specifically to the emerging demand of a specific product.
- Today, businesses can distribute their new product simply by posting a download, or purchase link directly to their customers through their Twitter or Facebook accounts.
- As I have discussed previously, no website is going to improve the quality of your product.
- So, make sure that you sell products that keep the customers returning for more.
- You have to prove yourself.
- All that the websites care about is how much they can earn from your presence, your store visitors and followers.
- They are already successful.
- They are going to add your success to theirs to remain successful.
- The exclusivity of your product is going to get you customers and the customers will get you investors.
- So, do not undermine the power of connections.
- Get on to the internet, start connecting.
- Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter kind of platforms do not require any expertise and are the best place to advertise the products.
- YouTube is the new radio. Upload all that you can, whenever you can, and make sure it is good.
- Buyers are searching for new videos all the time.
Promoting your business on social media has taken an interesting turn today, with social media and promotion being deeply and intricately intertwined.
- Most businesses are selling some or all of their products online, free of charge and without needing a store or advertiser to promote them.
- The online sales advertise relatively unknown products and businesses which the consumers are not yet ready to pay for.
- These are also used by established groups or individuals around upcoming products, to build momentum.
- Historically and traditionally, businesses have majorly been earning from stores, as opposed to digital sales, income from which has mostly gone to managing and running the business.
- Online sales have served as a powerful promotional tool and helped boost demand for online sales.
Ensuring that media is bought effectively and not directed toward the ‘wrong people’ has always been a challenge for marketers.
- Do not try to sell chicken chops to a vegan.
- The most famous social media platforms allow businesses to run ads that attract specific groups of users based on what information they include in their profiles.
- Traditionally, the goal in media planning was to minimize wasted advertising, which was achieved by reducing the quantity of advertising sent to consumers who are unlikely to purchase or have an interest in their product and who are not active in the category.
- This gave birth to the idea of target advertising. Use this concept through social media as an economical and more effective way to reach to the right consumer.
While I talk about using social media to increase sales through innovative means, it does not mean sitting at your laptop all day! Did you know that there are mobile based applications that help you seamlessly connect on all platforms on the go? HyperEffects can get your business on a platform used and utilized by millions every day. You can get a personalized mobile app to connect with your clients on a personal basis with customized offers, push notifications and many other interactive features.
Please share your experiences and I will add them to my future articles.